- Use a variety of drawing media to communicate two- dimensionally.
- Compose elements on a two-dimensional plane to produce various effects.
- Create the illusion of light, shadow, tone, and texture on a two-dimensional plane.
- Use basic one-point and two-point perspective to produce the illusion of three dimensions on a two-dimensional surface.
- Produce drawings which accurately represent still life and figurative subjects.
- Assess their body of work and compile drawing components for the fundamentals portfolio.
- Articulate concepts related to drawing through written and or oral rationales.
- MEDIA: Graphite, charcoal, conte, and pen/ink on appropriate drawing surfaces.
- Line, shape and volume.
- Introduction to perspective.
- Depiction of basic three-dimensional geometric forms.
- Light, shadow, tone, and texture.
- Gesture and human figure.
- Portfolio development.